Social Media Toolkit
Social Media for Partners
We’re using social media. Join us! Help raise awareness to ensure that your constituents, customers and stakeholders are represented in the 2020 Census.
- Are you at a 2020 Census event? Post a photo and tag us!
- Are you hosting a 2020 Census event? Post the event info and tag us!
Use these hashtags in your posts so that we may share, like or retweet them. Additionally, we hope you share, like and retweet our posts!
Follow the U.S. Census Bureau
2020 Census Timeline & Milestones
- 2020 Census advertising campaign begins in early 2020
- March 16-23 – USCB Mailing #1 sent to homes
- March 20-27 – USCB Mailing #2 sent to non-respondents
- March 30-April 6 – USCB Mailing #3 – a postcard – sent to non-respondents
- March – USCB Service-based enumeration begins (for transitory locations like RV parks and campgrounds, tent cities, marinas, hotels)
- March – USCB Group quarters enumeration begins (for those living in group quarters like dorms, nursing homes, etc. and for the homeless)
- April 1, 2020 – NATIONAL CENSUS DAY!
- Early April-Late July – USCB Non-response follow-up (NRFU)
- April 12-19 – USCB Mailing #4 – letter & paper questionnaire sent to those who have not yet responded
- April 23-30 – USCB Mailing #5 – It’s not too late! postcard
- CCCs urge households who do not respond to cooperate with census takers