GET OUT THE COUNT!
COUNTDOWN TO COMPLETE THE CENSUS
Get Out the Count
Time is running out and to encourage all Californians to participate in the Census, the California Complete Count Census Office (Census Office) has compiled the resources below to make it easier for Californians, partners and stakeholders to join all Census efforts.
Join us in an effort to Get Out the Count and help spread the message about the importance of participating in the 2020 Census to communities throughout California. Take action today and get counted!
As the Census Office continues to spread the word about the Census, we are providing you with talking points from each phase of the Census. You will find messages to educate, motivate and activate your communities.
The Census Office has developed transadapted messaging to encourage Census participation. Check them out below.
- No Excuses, Take the Census Messaging – Arabic
- No Excuses, Take the Census Messaging – Khmer
- No Excuses, Take the Census Messaging – Korean
- No Excuses, Take the Census Messaging – Simplified Chinese
- No Excuses, Take the Census Messaging – Tagalog
- No Excuses, Take the Census Messaging – Traditional Chinese
- No Excuses, Take the Census Messaging – Vietnamese
In addition, the Census Office has developed key messaging and talking point documents that are available below. The messaging and scripts can be found in English as well as in-language below.
- The Census is a 9 question survey that helps determine dollars that fund important programs for the next ten years.
- Every 10 years, people across the country and in California fill out the Census in order to have an accurate count of all people in the United States. The Census determines California’s federal funding for important community services that help support our families and fair share of representation in California and Washington D.C.
- There is no citizenship question on the 2020 Census.
- The 2020 Census is an opportunity for every Californian to shape our future. Your Census responses are safe and secure. Information collected as part of the 2020 Census cannot be shared with or by other governmental agencies or used against you in any way.
- The 2020 Census will decide how billions of federal dollars are distributed in California. An undercount could impact funding for our schools, health services, child care, emergency services and many other programs.
- The 2020 Census will decide the number of California’s Congressional members and Electoral College votes. A complete count means more people in power who truly represent and advocate for our communities.
- All Californians can participate in the 2020 Census and make a difference today! There are three easy ways to fill out the form:
- Online at my2020census.gov
- By phone at 844-330-2020
- By mail if you received a paper form
- Take the Census now! Be proactive in helping the community for brighter future.
- Census data informs funding for key programs such as Head Start, childcare and development programs, community mental health programs, nutritional programs, educational and health care resources, and much more.
- For every person left uncounted, California could lose $1,000 per person each year for the next ten years. Completing your Census form helps ensure California receives 2 As of August 6, 2020 the funding for more health care services, parks, roads that support your local community. • Everyone counts: M
- You have three ways to respond to the Census. Respond online by visiting my2020census.gov, by phone by calling 844-330-2020 or respond by mail.
- Time is running out! Complete your Census today to ensure your family and community receive the essential resources for the next decade.
- The deadline to complete the Census is September 30. Get counted today!
All Californians have the right to get counted and encourage their loved ones to get counted in the 2020 Census. With the materials below, please inform your family, friends, neighbors and communities about the benefits of the Census.
By completing the easy 9 question survey, you can help determine funding for important community services and benefits for the next decade.
The materials below should be used as a way to inform your friends, family, community and neighbors about the 2020 Census. Encourage them to take action TODAY!
Census Icon Flyer
Toolkits and Guidance
The Instagram stories below can be used to post to your account and provide vital information about Census workers and ways to respond to your audience. In addition, the college student social media posts can be posted to your accounts to encourage participation and inform college students of the importance of the Census.
Census Partners and Stakeholders
To provide all Census partners and stakeholders with beneficial Census materials, the Census Office has compiled all hard-to-count (HTC) fact sheets by county, top performing ads and materials. Please note, you can also access self-response rate fact sheets and filter the HTC fact sheets by clicking the link here.
Region 1 - Superior California
Region 3 - San Francisco Bay Area
Region 5 - Central Coast
Region 2 - North Coast
Region 4 - Northern San Joaquin Valley
Region 6 - Southern San Joaquin Valley